1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by robertpkerrsr@h, Dec 15, 2013.

1. robertpkerrsr@h

robertpkerrsr@h Member

Fourth year on my Blizzak snow tires. Just finished up with our monster 3 inch storm. Gotta love the media hype. Anytime now the SUV's will be bouncing around the roads keeping the body shops busy.

First time I had real snow tires. Two years ago I bought real nice American Racing wheels and new Cooper road tires. I do the change over as early in the spring and as late in the fall as I dare.

Is that a normal life for snow tires? They look brand new. They may not be quite as sticky on the ice as they were when new. But still real good traction.

2. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

I've always gotten excellent life out of snow tires as well. Honestly I've never had to replace a set on a car that I bought them for because I usually trade cars or something. I'm about ready to replace a set on my A6 that we've already run around 4 or 5 winters, but we bought those tires used! In my opinion snow tires save money as you get much better life out of your summers because you don't replace them as early in their life (e.g. tires you'd replace in the fall for winter would easily last a couple more summers). One of my biggest pet peeves is following someone down the road at 15mph because their tires a bald when I could easily drive 45 with no problems. If anyone like that ever causes an accident with me I will probably tweak out!