1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow tires mandatory with a 22?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by MaineMike, Nov 1, 2006.

1. MaineMike

MaineMike Member
    from Maine

I just put it an order for a Sno-Way 22 plow and install. This is for my 1999 Toyota 4 Runner. It has a V6 with 4WD.

Also has fairly new all season tires (Michelin), and my question is will those tires be good enough for plowing a driveway and a 300 foot one lane dirt road, or am I going to have to look at buying a set of studded snow tires as well?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  2. jonzer12

jonzer12 Member
    from Canada

You should be fine. With a LSD rear diff (most toyotas have em) and 4WD you should experience little if any traction problems. Most all terrains are sipped well.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

do the job right and it shouldn't be a problem. Some ballest in the back,a little ice melt on the drive before it snows to keep the snow from locking up and you'll be good to go.