1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Tires for trucks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProWorkz.com, Dec 14, 2004.

1. What type of snow tires do you guys run on your trucks? I am running Nokian directional studded snow tires.

2. intlco

intlco Senior Member

I'm runnin BFG Comm Traction TA's studded and Uniroyal HD/T's studded.
    Both tires are Great for plowing and driving.
    Elecelent traction in deep mud and snow.

3. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I getting new tires soon on my 1994 3500 Dodge. I usually use the goodyear 133 LT , but interested in the BF Goodrich's. I like tring something different. Went on website and they offer 215/85/16 in D load. You think the 235/85/16 will fit my duallies out back without hitting, because that has the E load range.

thanks
    Rob

4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I wish we could run studded tires here..lol. I have found that I have better luck with a smaller non aggressive SUV tire. Something like Kelly Safaris ect. We use to run bigger, wider tires and the made for poor driving, as they would actually ride on top of the snow instead of cutting through it.

5. intlco

intlco Senior Member

I've been runnin the G171's on my rear duals and they got great traction.
    I get the 215 85 16E.
    And I run the 245 75 16 E HD/T's on the fronts.

The 235 85 16 will most like be to close, you would perhaps have to add a spacer.
    I've used some the 215 85 16D with no problems.