1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow tires for large skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by 2quickfbodys, Nov 15, 2008.

1. 2quickfbodys

2quickfbodys Junior Member

i have a jd 280 skid steer with 14 17.5 tires on it and would like to put a good tire on for snow. would the snow wolf tire be a good choice and are the side walls capable of handling the wight and capacity of the jd 280(around 3100lbs but it has a wight kit on it also)
    thanks shaun

2. zigzag82

zigzag82 Junior Member

I just bought some wolf paw snow tires through Wagner Equipment Rental. I love them, they are 7 inch wide snow designed tire. I have used them against my old case 465 snow tire and I pushed him blade to blade on asphalt all over.
    The Tire came in a set of 4 tire and rims for $1389.00 + shipping.
    You can also get the tire studded.

3. 2quickfbodys

talked to stonebrooke snow wolf in mn. they put the setup together for the snow paws. they said they dont make a tire for the 14 17.5 tire. it is 36" in hight. their setup is for the 12.5 16.5 tire and rims. they said the hight is 33". i dont think i will like the 10% lower mph. anybody have any other suggestions
    for tires and rims
    thanks shaun

4. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

5. 2quickfbodys

i was quoted $1700 shipped for unstudded tue. manufacture direct
    companys out of minneapolis mn

6. Mike W

Mike W Junior Member

[​IMG]

Put tires similar to these on our S-150's at work last winter. About $2000 for a set at the dealer. They work good in the snow and mud. Just my $.02