1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow throwers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by frue, Jan 22, 2009.

1. frue

frue Member
    from Pa

Anyone use snow throwers for small parking lots? I got in a pinch last weekend and snow blowed the whole lot. Actually came out good. So I got to thinking anyone else out there who actually does this. If so can you list the blower you use.

I used a honda single statge took about 35 min for about 12000 square ft. about a 1.5 inches down.
  2. frue

frue Member
    from Pa

Anyone at all
  3. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

well i fid that nuts but i kinda whant to try it
  4. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

I use a 1336 ariens for parking lot... about roughly 15,000 sq feet... the reason we use a blower is because we have to put the snow over the fence. If we get anything less than snow the blower is trash... (ie slush)
  5. Blunt

Blunt Junior Member

I have a 700' x 12' drive that i have started doing plus a parking area on the end thats about 30 x 30 for a total of about 9300 sq ft. That last storm was my first time doing it and it took me about a hr to clear up after 13" of snow fall but that includes pushing back the edges and cleaning out the bankings left by his old plower. I think for a normal storm it will be between 20 minutes and a 1/2 hr.He switched to me when he kept getting dropped by the plow guys. They kept sliding off on the corners and getting stuck .