1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Throwers & how much to charge per driveway

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by MikePH, Dec 1, 2005.

1. MikePH

MikePH Junior Member

Hey ya'll
    I have been enjoying the posts on this site. What a great group of folks.
    I am finishing up my first season, having started a landscaping company this year. I'd like to get started in the snow removal biz during the winter season with just the investment of a snow thrower. I live in central Maryland so we aren't in the snow belt, but do get on average about 2' of snow in my area annually.
    My question is as follows:
    Any recomendations regarding an Arens 5.5hp snowthrower vs. a Craftsman 5.5 snowthrower? The Arens is about $100 more to purchase.

Thanks and happy pushing:
  2. go plow

go plow Senior Member

get yourself a plow truck !!!!
  3. fourspeedfish

fourspeedfish Member

why sped 4 grand on a plow, when he may not make that all yaer (or 2 depending)...if you start with a good blower, then see if the truck will be worth it next year?...just a question?...and i have heard good thing about arens