1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow thrower jams

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bel-nor, May 20, 2010.

1. bel-nor

bel-nor Member

I use a toro 826 OE for my customers drive ways and sidewalks. This is a good machine and I have no problems with it's performance. The ocasional newpaper, water hose and magazine may be under the snow and causes a clog. This usually presents a good amount of down time. I thought that I may not be clearing the blades properly. Any thoughts or experience here to help me next season. Thanks in advance.

2. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

You have a nice machine. Great thrower. I keep a box cutter and a hack saw to cut out anything. I don't try to salvage hoses, ect. Also keep shear pins and a wrench to tighten right on the machine to replace-very little down time. Hope this helps.

3. bel-nor

bel-nor Member

Great thanks that will be a lot quicker than trying to work those objects out.