1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Thrower 4 Walks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kevoinc, Sep 12, 2008.

1. kevoinc

kevoinc Junior Member

I have just a couple walks to do and want to buy a lightweight snow thrower,does anybody have any experience with either the Toro Powerlite or the Snapper LE317r?..any other thoughts?

2. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Do a search on this site. This is at least the fifth toro snow blower topic in the last two weeks.

3. amberslawncare

amberslawncare Junior Member

You dont want either... The toro has a 16 inch path. and the snapper, well it is just a snapper... My advise is by something with no less then a 20 inch path.. the price doesnt go up that much and you will have a not so sore back..... Toro 2650,3650 or snow comander that one has a 24 inch cut

4. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Unless you are taking in and out of a truck then your back is really going to hurt. As the path and Horse power go up so does the weight.

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have a PowerLite. No problems, and I would never own anything Snapper.:rolleyes:

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

ive used the powerlite the last couple years along with the larger single stage Toros and the powerlite keeps right up. the only advantage the larger cc machines have is being 5" wider and they can take the heavier wet snow better. the powerlite does a great job for everything ive used it for and is probably half the weight of the larger ones.

7. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

yeah you do want to get light snow blowers, it makes it alot easier believe me i learned it the hard way. i am going to be ordering the toros pretty soon and i am getting rid of my huge simplicity.

8. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

mine are not lightweight, about 265lbs empty, plus gas, oil and packed in snow in/on them sinks them down to about 300lbs while out in the field, they will move a boatload of snow for a walkbehind model though :p

9. kevoinc

kevoinc Junior Member

Thank you

to the guys that offered relevent advice :drinkup: