1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow sunday????????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mike9497, Jan 25, 2003.

1. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

1-3 i saw on the news at 6.can it be true????????????????

2. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

20% chance for the rest of the week here!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2003
  3. bwamx

bwamx Member

Mike,
    I saw 1-3 on the weather channel and the NWS forcast says
    around 1 inch. 1-2 to cover the trigger would be nice, It will
    still be cold on Monday so clean it up and sand away.
    Bob

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

What amounts for the Boston area?

5. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Cat, I've heard the same 1-3. We'll see :rolleyes: .

6. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

1 1/2 or 2 inches would be nice.easy on the equipment

7. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

2½ " would be nicer.... I have 2" triggers :D

Also, was just looking at weather.com (so take it for what it's worth ) And the only other precip I see on there is for next weekend, when it will finally wams to 40° and RAIN... can't believe it, it's been cold for weeks, when we finally get some moisture it's gonna rain :(

8. drobson

drobson Senior Member

2 1/2 and up would be good for me too. I only have 2 accounts to do under 2" and it hardly seems worth the setup... I think I'll be adjusting them for next year...

9. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

i don't listen to weather.com they blow.never have been right fox61 is the best way to go.

10. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Calling for 1-3 inches here for sunday afternoon and sunday night. I hope it does. I wont get my hopes up too high though, Ill just sit, wait, and watch. Mike ;)

11. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

watch the superbowl.even though i hate foot ball.can't wait till racing starts.

12. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Yup, Ill be watching the Super Bowl for sure. Im not as interested in football as other guys are, but I always watch it anyway for 2 reasons. 1. It is something that almost everyone will be watching and you kind of feel you should be too. :D 2. I like to see all the new commercials. Mike :waving:

13. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

mike97

your a cool dude yah know that.your the only person on here i haven't picked a fight with yet lol

14. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

They were forcasting 1-3 by morning, just got up, looked and there is about 5 down right now, at least no one needs to be done till 10 this morning, then everyone else can wait until after the game. This has been a good week for us, have over 16 in. on the ground right now.

John

15. snowflake

snowflake Member

had a goood snow here plowed alll fri nite and than when out again sat nite got more on the way about when the super bowl starts proberly start snowin again quess generator and tv go,s in truck work and watch it

gary:drinkup:

16. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

Don't really like football either but will watch it to see the commercials too. 1-3 here for this aft and through the night. P town and the rest of the cape got 6 and 7 inches thursday night from a little ocean storm that hung on the coast for a few hours. I wouldn't mind that at all. I will take 1-3 though it is better than it has been. Your right about the weather as soon as it warms up we start to get the precip and we get rain or a slushy mess. Oh well we can't control the weathr so not worth bitching about it.

17. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

only 1 to 2

weather services only saying 1 maybe 2 here in the metrowest

18. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Local TV weather guessers said last night that we could be getting 1"-3" Sunday night into Monday....

So I get up this morning and check out all 5 of my online weather reporting sites.

One didn't even post a forecast ( Gary @ Millenium weather) because he only posts when there is a viable chance of accumulations.

All the others including weather.com, weather underground, accuweather are all calling for an inch or less of accumulation.

Looks like a possible salt event if the Magic residue hasnt worn off.

Looks like I get to watch the Super Bowl after all:waving:
    but no:drinkup: just in case the guessers are wrong

19. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Thanks for the compliment Mike, you dont seem like a bad guy either. :drinkup: :) Mike

20. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

please, no more salt events......

getting tired of salting, just want to plow some snow!

go figure, salting is easier, quicker, and more profitable.

just very boring