1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Sunday night into Monday For CT

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mike9497, Dec 15, 2002.

1. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

i don`t smell snow outside but i`ve herd 3 to 5 inches.3 inches would be fine for me im broke and need money bad.i don`t have much work this year only using one truck cause i only have 12 accounts which sucks use to having 20+ anyone wanna give me accounts they don`t want feel free to dump them off here lol. i`ll sub to.i`ll go from parts of fairfield all the way out to new london county.i love plowing more than doing landscaping stuff.

2. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

whered u hear 3 to 5 tell me tell me
    whooo hoo i already put the plow on but i only heard 1 to 2

Jay

3. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

News to me about a storm. Fairfield to New London, wow you must be broke! That's a pretty long haul, especially when it's snowing. I won't drive more than a few miles for a plow job. Sorry, I got nothin' for you, but if things change, I'll give you a shout. I'm over by Old Saybrook.

I just leave my plow on most of the winter since I've got 3 other vehicles I can drive. I don't mind removing & hitching the plow, but taking the pump belt off and putting it back on is more of a pain (old Fisher Speedcast under hood unit). Putting it back on is one of those three handed operations. I can leave the belt on, but just wears it out and robs HP.

Darryl

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

looks like 1-3 with a few scattered 4 inch amounts. i saw two news reports and thats what they claim. im not holding my breath though. ill put the plow on after i see tonights forecast. Just when it looked clear for a week this storm comes out of now where. I just put my computer program back in to have a little fun too:D guess ill take that out again.

5. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

well thats what i herd last night.its changing every hour.3 inch would be good

6. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Latest for my area (Stratford)

Rain and snow likely early on...changing to just snow and ending around midday with a total accumulation of around 1 inch. Gradual clearing from mid afternoon on. Highs only in the upper 30s. Light and variable winds...becoming northwest by mid morning and increasing to 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent

With it in the upper 30's, I don't think it will be staying long. I could go put the plow on to ruin it for everyone !

7. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

i just herd 2-5 inches for new haven over to new london,but i`ll wait till i see it.

8. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Why does Darryl Gesner sounds so familiar to me?

Do you do any work in Western CT?

I have heard 3" possible here.

9. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

CT18Fireman - I don't know why it sounds familiar, didn't know I was famous:D

I used to live in Stratford, Milford, and then Redding for about 5 years. I was in the environmental consulting field back then.

10. mdb landscaping

well. saw all the forecasts tonight, and looks like 2-5 inches. Seems this storm came out of no where.

11. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

what channel did you here that from?? i just herd less than an inch

12. mdb landscaping

I watched WTNH, WFSB and NBC30. WTNh said around 2 inches, NBC said 2-4 inches, and WFSB said 2-4 with possible 5 inches in the northwest corner. along the shore, accumulations will be less.

13. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

AH F*** i live on the shore.all my work is along the shore.god has really been ******* me in the *** !! these past two years

14. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Well,
    I haven't seen the TV but it is 41° here right now, and the forecast from weatherbug looks like this

A mix of snow and rain changing to all snow in the morning...before ending by mid-day. Then mostly cloudy. Accumulation...around 1 inch...mainly on grassy services.

no plowing here.. or a blizzard !

15. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

The 11pm news is saying west of the ct river and southern areas, litchfield, fairfield and southern new haven 1-2" northeast of there they are saying 2-4 and closer to RI 4+... but the weather guys are hopefully on the low side becasue as mike said I need the money...

16. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

well this winter im going to have to get into doing something else cause im so broke.thinking about doing repairs to mowers and snow blowers on the side.use to be a mechanic for johndeere and exmark.but i hope its at least 3 inches.do you guys go out if its less than 3? i know my res won`t like if i come to plow a dusting lol lol.but the small commercial i have will get done if its over an inch.130.00 wow wonder what bill i can pay with that? truck payments are over 400.mowers are over 200 hhhhhmmmmmmm.i pray for 3 inches

17. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

Mike - I'm on the shore too. I'm thinking of starting to push into some areas a bit north of me where they get more snow. Changes to rain too often by me. Often the snow line is only 5 or 10 miles inland.

18. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

im on the east haven north haven line.i only have to go 3 miles north than theres some nice snow,but all my accounts are on the shore or a mile or two away.where are you located?

19. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

Westbrook, next to old Saybrook, a little over a mile to the Sound. My accounts are all in Westbrook and Saybrook. Essex, Deep River and Chester are north of me, in striking distance, and get more snow. I have mowing accounts up there, but no plows. I lived in the Foxon section of E. Haven for about 4 years. Thompson Gardens Wet condos.

Later, gonna get some sleep just in case there's plowing to be done in the a.m.

20. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

yup i lived in the 3 level ones.i live off of rt 80 now.near rabbit rock road