1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Storm

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Eric ELM, Feb 19, 2000.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

The weathermen were fairly close this time. We got 11 inches of snow between 2 AM and 9 PM. We plowed for 18 hours. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

2. tru cut

tru cut PlowSite.com Veteran

weatherman was wrong here foracast 6-10 got less than an 1&quot; all went south.spent 4hrs hooking up my new pull plow fri. realy was looking forword to tring it out<p>----------<br>Todd <br>

3. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

Forecast was totally inaccurate here. They called for 8&quot;-10&quot; and we got 2&quot;-3&quot;. They said it would start at dawn, it started late afternoon. Said it would last 18 hours and it lasted maybe 6. Amazing that weather forcasting is a profession at all.<p>Oh well, it's probably a good thing we didn't get hit like they thought we would. One of our trucks wouldn't start. I think the starter is shot. Guess I'll find out monday. So we had to plow with only two trucks.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>

4. tru cut

tru cut PlowSite.com Veteran

dave,<br>wear in s. ontario are you i live right on the border 45min s.of ottawa<p>----------<br>Todd <br>

5. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

Todd,<p>I'm in Burlington. We usually don't get as much of the white stuff here that you do.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>

6. ICky

ICky Junior Member

Dave<br>I'm a few hours north of you and we got nothing. Did not even have to brush the truck off. The forcast started at 6&quot; and dropped to 2 to 4&quot;.<br>Nothing <br>A non-event even.<p>ICky

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Our forcast was 4-8&quot; and we got 7-8&quot; of wet heavy snow,with 1/2&quot;of ice to finish it off.I was done in 13Hrs,and had to go back out and resand sat morning,and clean up where cars were.<p>----------<br>John D<br>

8. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Ok 12&quot; of snow nice a dry powder.<p>First Call in for commerical crews at 6 PM FRiday<br>Residental called in at 9 pm Firday<p>Ended 4 am sunday<p>slept to 8 am<p>on loader to now.<p>Geoff

9. 1olddog2

1olddog2 Member

???????????

10. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

5 year old thread...

Check the dates.
    Mark K

11. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Wow, this is an old thread. However, Eric Elm is no longer with us. RIP. :salute: