1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow sticking

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bulldozerman001, Dec 6, 2005.

1. bulldozerman001

bulldozerman001 Junior Member

does any one know if their is any thing that I can put on my plow to keep snow from sticking to the boards.

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I use a good car wax.

4. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

I 2nd the "FLuid Film" I got my sample a week or so ago. I put some on my connections as well as the blade. Seems to work very well. Suppose to be great for rust prevention.

Here is the link to the sticky.

Fluid film Sticky link

5. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Good ol' WD-40 works well, too. Nothin' fancy, and nothin' expensive. I would be HARD pressed to catch myself buying a $40 can of Pam cooking spray when Pam or WD-40 does the exact same thing and much cheaper.

6. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

Stainless steel moldboard

Hi all,i welded on a piece on on non-magnetic sheet on the entire moldboard.I used stainless weld wire.i welded some small tack welds at the top,and solid besd welds up the entire left and right side and no weldind at he bottom.The the cutting edge will hold that in place. This only added a few pounds of weight but atleast i have very little snow sticky to it.and it never needs to be painted.And the stainless steel was a freebie. NOW where is my stainless cutting edge? :)
    :)