1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow sticking

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by allstarlawncare, Oct 26, 2010.

1. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

I am new to plowing this year and i have a boss, but it is the poly. Will I have an issue with snow sticking to the front of it? If so, then what should I apply to the front of it so that the snow will not stick?
  2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

fluid film will keep most of it from sticking.
    You can use Pam cooking spray or something similar you will just have to put it on more often than FF
  3. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

If you have a poly you shouldn't have problem at all.........certainly less of a problem then steel.
  4. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I have a Boss poly blade and snow sticks to mine if I don't spray it with ff. But mine is apx. 5 yrs old and is probably not a smooth as it was when new!
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If you are only worried about snow sticking to your plow on your 1st year of plowing then something must be wrong....lol
    FF it or put a good coat of wax on it
  6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Polymer sealant and a good clay bar before.
  7. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

thanks for the help guys.

I have plowed before for a friend of mine but he used a steel blade so that is why i ask. Believe me I have other things to worry about, but most of those questions have been answered already