1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow sticking to blade!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TerrForms, Mar 6, 2011.

1. TerrForms

TerrForms Member

The weather conditions must be perfect. I have about a 6inch layer of snow that keeps sticking to the plow all night. Keep trying to shovel it off but just recoats fast. Will fuel oil work?

2. tjslider

tjslider Member

FLUID FILM, Pam, WD-40, Wax, etc... Anything slick, just keep reapplying if it starts to stick.

TJ

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

You need to adjust your plow so when you put it down, it hits the pavement hard enough to knock off the snow. I have never had that amount of snow stick to a plow, as to where I need to shovel it off. When there is no snow on any surfaces of your plow, what does it look like? Is it all rusted? If so grind the rust off, and re-paint it this summer. Then spray the crap out of it with Fluid Film, and re-coat it as necessary.

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i get that every once and a while but i just leave it on there and it eventually comes off.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

why not read ALL the other posts about snow sticking
    get a different plow
    get a different truck
    plow faster
    plow slower
    lmao

6. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

Try silicon spray.....works for me!!!Thumbs Up

7. D&E

D&E Senior Member

If it's a poly blade, run ski/snowboard wax. Best solution, hands down.