1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Stake With Names & Numbers on them

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by POWER STROKE, Oct 19, 2011.

1. POWER STROKE

POWER STROKE Member

I seen a few people on here and around my area with snow stakes/markers with their name and phone numbers on them. I was wondering if any body knows where they can be purchased.

Thanks in advance for any help

2. go buy some bright colored duck tape, and a sharpie. you'll be good to go Thumbs Up

3. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

go buy some bright colored duck tape, and a sharpie. you'll be good to go Thumbs Up[/

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

4. CCL LLC

CCL LLC Junior Member

Lowcostmarkers.com

I saw theres the other day

5. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

2 things I see wrong with that:

1) it would take a LONG time to stencil all those stakes, especially for something that I see as somewhat disposable

2) Theres always that neighbor thats pissed cuz u made too much noise at 3 in the morning or is not happy with the way you staked the snow at the curb or something else thats really none of their business yet feels the need to complain about it.

6. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

I just got my driveway markers (biz name and phone number) done at Alternative Advertising. My package just arrived this week. Nice job. Go to www.alternativead.com and ask for Brian Habeth, his number is 262-670-5556. Paul V. (Neige) referred me to him. I'm very happy with mine and I'm ready to stake them all over town this weekend. Thank you very much Neige!!!

7. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Right on Thumbs Up, show us some pics please.

8. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

Here ya go. Thanks again Neige!

Attached Files:

9. Bigsnowny

Bigsnowny Member

Look Great! How are supported in the ground? what size are they?

10. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

Thanks Bigsnowy,

Install driveway marker stakes in the ground first and then the signs slide right in. The signs are 4"x48".

11. Neige

Neige Sponsor

We use fiberglass stakes, they should be 5 feet tall and at least 5/16 in diameter. This year I am going with 3/8 diameter hoping they hold at little more steady. The signs are 4 feet tall by 4 inches wide. You can also get them in 3 inch widths. I made a quick video, its not great but you get the idea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETUwemTJdLU

12. Bigsnowny

Bigsnowny Member

Thanks Paul, Thats what I thought they would be like. I'm going to be making mine this week.

13. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

While they may be nice for advertising how many calls do you really get off the stakes?
    What I have found is it gives every Tom,Dick and Harry a number to call for the scratch they have in the car to blame someone for while asking for your insurance info to fix it.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  14. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

Crap...I used 4' tall stakes. I had no idea it was suppose to be 5' tall. Brian from Alternative Ad ordered them for me. I put them in about 2 feet away from street curb. Is that too close? I was kind of worried about that. This is my first year with driveway marker signs. I noticed in that video that you guys used special kind of stake pounding thingy which looks real simple and quick. Where did you get that or was that homemade? I wish I have one like yours instead of getting blister on my damn hand going through 2 gloves yesterday LOL!

15. Bigsnowny

Bigsnowny Member

A length of black iron pipe with a cap is what I use and think thats what Paul's guys are using too.

16. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Go to home depot get a piece piece of 1/2" gas pipe 4' long I think get one end threaded (if its not already I know they sell the pipes in pre cut threaded lengths as well as full 12') and get a 1/2" galvanized pipe. Paul gave me one of those with my order of poles last year works great.

17. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

Gotcha! Thanks Grassman! I'm going out there to buy some stuff to make one tomorrow.

18. Neige

Neige Sponsor

We get an amazing amount of calls, its the best return on our advertising buck we can get. Remember its advertising 6 months of the year, and the bonus it helps your drivers find your customers and know where the drive ends and grass starts. Hey Reaper don't Tom, Dick and Harry already know who is plowing out their drives. I would hope they do not need signs to tell them that.

Thanks Grassman, you can find these pipes at any hardware store. MrHorsepower you may want to change your poles for 5 foot, and reuse the 4 foot ones to point out obstacles and Twists and turns in drive. The reason I say this is that once you start snow blowing, and you blow snow on that nice new sign you got, its going to snap right above where your pin ends. I recommend getting 5 foot, and driving them 12 inches into the ground. That's why we use a 4 foot pipe to drive them in, when the end of the pipe touches the grass your at the right height. At first its tricky to drive the stakes in straight, but its important otherwise your signs will be crooked. If you can get 3/8 diameter poles, they will be better than 5/16 diameter. Sorry I thought I had mentioned this at some other time.

19. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

Neige,
    Do you make your own stakes or where do you get yours from. Thanks for all the info!!

20. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Rye doesnt look like he's having any fun. Give the kid a beer!