1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow sport plows

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by joey7599, Feb 8, 2011.

1. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

Hey guys have any of you seen one of these plows in your area if you have how does it work because I just found it on line so I was wondering how it works it doesent look like it can do much
    thanks Joe wesport ussmileyflag :drinkup:

2. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

ive seen one...real POS...manual lift, manual angle, and cant scrape clean to save its arse (mostly because of weight-its aluminum fo you can manually lift it easily). way better off to buy a used real plow than one of these. hate to sound negative, but i wouldnt hang these on a truck come hell or high water.
  3. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

steer clear of it. there's my 2 cents!
  4. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

if someone is giving one away then take it I guess...otherwise a sheet of plywood stuck to front of your rig would be better...just buy a used plow or an ATV with a plow you'd be better off.
  5. 01PStroker

01PStroker Junior Member

x2. Get a real one or don't get one at all.....
  6. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Back in 2001 i had a toyota tundra with a snow sport on it didn't really scrape that good but it was good for a drive way
  7. road2damascus

road2damascus PlowSite.com Addict

I had one on a Jeep Wrangler. They are fine for home owner use because you can start from in the garage. If you are doing your own driveway its OK. It is very easy on the truck and you need to do no suspension enhancements. As far as how much they go for, I would get a good used hydraulic plow on CL for the same price. A hydraulic plow will do a better job, be much faster, and you will have more fun controlling it from inside over getting out and moving the blade around. Do some homework on what is the best set up for your truck.
  8. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

I would never get a plow like that was just wondering how it works
  9. road2damascus

Youtube has a lot of videos. You see the two handles on top of the plow. Those are the only things holding the plow to the hitch. The plow slides up and down on these posts and in reverse the thing flattens out and you drag it. You can only plow forward with it.
  10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a POS to me.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

seems like it would be a pain to have to get out and manually angle it every time you wanted to move the thing
  12. road2damascus

It was a pain to get out and angle it. It has wings and did do a good job of keeping the snow from trailing behind. I hardly ever used the angling function. 15 minutes of plowing with it in a warm cab beats one hour of shoveling in the cold!