1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Spillage from Center of V in Scoop & Straight.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by lesedwards, Jan 8, 2009.

1. lesedwards

lesedwards Member

Hi everyone I am brand new to this form but it seems real good. I just bought a used 8'2 Boss V Plow and I notice when I am plowing whether it be in Straight or Scoop there is a fare bit of snow that seems to escape through the bottom of the V leaving a snow line after every pass. Does anyone have any ideas for this.

2. SNO-PRO

SNO-PRO Member

I would have to guess you are missing the rubber puck that fills the gap between the cutting edges

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like it too. When you buy a new cutting edge you won't have that problem any more.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Is the plow poly or steel? If your plow is a poly you may need to cut a little piece of the poly skin out and drill and tap a hole so it doesn't curl on you. Its not a big job, it'll take ya pry a good hour to do if you take your time. ( i can help you with this if your plow is a poly) Go down to your local boss dealer and pick up a set of the "formed" cutting edges for your plow. They'll run ya about 475 bucks with tax but they are well worth the money.

5. lesedwards

lesedwards Member

Snow Catcher

My blade is a poly blade. I spoke with a dealer and he said I was missing what they call a Snow Catcher the cost on it is $100.00 but he said I would rip it right off again. I bought this plow used a week ago so it did not come with one. He says I will just rip it off if I put a new one on but I would really like to try it I hate the lines it leaves. I realize if I go to new cutting edges that I can have the bumber guards and I do not need the Snow Catcher because they fit together to stop the snow from getting through. Anyones input would be great. I probably have two years left on my edges.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You are more than welcome to try the rubber snow catcher if you would like. They do get ripped off on occation, (i had a poly with the rubber catcher, and never ripped one off, I broke the steel cutting edge) and 100 bucks seems a little high for a snow catcher. Last I knew they were 50 to 60. But maybe they went up?. You can try it and see once how it goes. Just remember that the catcher is gonna be new, and your edges are worn down some so they might not line up right away, and it is possible you might rip it off that much easier. If it were me i'd just buy the new edges and be done with that stupid rubber catcher. Personally I love the new style edges, but I don't think they wear like the old ones. I had a new plow last year with the new style edges, and went thru a set last year. Accourding to boss, and my dealer, it was because i was pushing on to much pavement, and not any snow pack? I bought another new set this year and we'll see how it goes again, either way I love those new cutting edges.

7. lesedwards

lesedwards Member

Snow Catcher

Thanks for your reply I was down to the dealer today he was able to get the old bolts out and he placed the Snow Catcher up so I could have a look at it and yes it hung down below the cutting edge about 3" I would have to back drag on pavement for miles to wear it down before I could start plowing. I decided for now to put on a new center shoe which will help look after the snow line I am leaving. I have my two sleds for sale and the minute I sell them I am buying the new cutting edges.