1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow south of Buffalo...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Nov 17, 2005.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just south of the city their getting hammered with snow some areas are starting their third foot of snow.:waving: I had to plow for only about 45 mins. only 3 lots had any snow just the way i like it nice and slow for the first plow to make sure everthing works.
  2. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Down in Elma 2 feet on the ground and still coming , heavy wet stuff. The 400 was not even touched at 6:30 am, easliy counted 10 plus cars and trucks off the road. white outs, ruts and packed snow turning to ice about 15 mph tops to be safe. Can you believe the Sherrifs blocked both lanes on the 400 near Transit to try and let a tow truck pull a car out of the median at 6:30 am dark in a whiteout. I saw cars skidding to stops behind me and was waiting for a hit. Finally the Sherrifs gave up and let traffic by. Some training the have get the people in the car to the substation and let the recovery happen in daylight when the roads get plowed DUHHH.
  3. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

Depression is setting in

Oh the money that will be lost on fall cleanups.:(
  4. mole

mole Senior Member

I was doing fall clean ups today, it's crazy that only 20 min. away there getting pounded with a foot of snow. I could see the line of clouds in the sky. it was close to us but the wind never changed direction or I would have been putting the rake down.
  5. Chefdrp

Chefdrp Member

I did some cleanups down here in Jamestown (Bemus Point). I have the blade on the plow truck just in case.
  6. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

I was down in Hamburg today helping out an old friend who suffered a case of the "first snow broken-down blues." The town did not seem as on top of things as they used to be in the lakeshore area. Cloverbank area barely touched at 11:30 am! Not like Hamburg Highway Department at all :confused:
    It's a typical mid fall lake effect snow event in Hamburg, well over a foot of wet and heavy snow when I started at 7am. None of my accounts here in the city needed anything more than salt.
  7. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

no plow still down our street - 1 ended up plowing the mouth of bierclff and cloverbank-i think this has been the worst snow i ever pushed -it was 70degrees the day before and the ground is still warm-add 20 + inches and its hard to push untouched lots --especially driveways ,its almost like not having 4wd.....just sucks.......tractor trailes had to put chains on to get up southwestrn by rogers rd that tells you how slipperry it was