1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow, snow, snow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by AlaskaShooTer, Sep 26, 2006.

1. AlaskaShooTer

AlaskaShooTer Member

Oh yeah the cheese that get's your attention... :) I'm new to this forum but I've been following for several weeks and have moved from a blower to a plower, to clear my property. Not intentionally, but I've recently retired and had plans to move from AK to WA and sold my snow blower and now the housing market has gone soft so I'm still a resident of Alaska and waiting for my house to sell.

Since I'm not going to shovel our 5 plus feet of wet snow per winter season I opted to invest in a new plow. I've always wanted a snow plow but couldn't justify the expense till I retired from 20+ years as a police/fire and medical dispatcher and got divorced.

I recently had a new Boss Poly V-Plow installed on my Ford F-550 and look forward to running it through the paces of the up coming winter.

Juneau, AK
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2006
  2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck with those Continental tires.......they suck!!!!!! You may want to consider a set of winter rims and tires.

Welcome to the board!!!!:drinkup:
  3. AlaskaShooTer

AlaskaShooTer Member

The tires

I noted the tires sucked a couple weeks ago when I got stuck in my yard on simple grass. Had to shift into 4x4 to get the truck out of the yard. :-(

I've got a new set of 19.5 factory rims and Toyo M-608Z tires which my local dealer will stud for me. With luck the truck should get out of it's own way with the new rims and tires. :) We have a lot of wet snow and ice here in Juneau.

Thanks for the welcome!

Juneau, AK
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2006
  4. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Nice setup. Good choice for a plow. Welcome to plowsite!!!
  5. jbone

jbone Senior Member

nice house too!!:)
  6. AlaskaShooTer

AlaskaShooTer Member

Home Sweet Home, It's For Sale

I've been here for years but it's time to move on to a dryer climate. Too much rain and rain up here. Each year seems to get worse and my tolerance of the wet stuff is getting thin.
  7. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

nice truck is it a 06 or 07? im thinking you could easily clear that 5 feet of wet snow from your driveway with it
  8. AlaskaShooTer

AlaskaShooTer Member

Truck is an 06' F-550 and she's ready for a winter in Arizona but I'm not seeing any movement on my house in Alaska so I'll likely be here plowing the wet white stuff this winter in Juneau.

Juneau, AK
  9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

My God last year we got 5 + inches of wet snow the whole season!
    If we got 5 + feet each year I would have a truck just like yours.
    You must of made out pretty good with the divorce since you have the house and can afford a great truck and Top Shelf equipment for it.
  10. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

that truck is awesome i dont think youll need the plow in arizona though