1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow/sleet/freezing rain, whats your method?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LB Landscaping, Dec 7, 2004.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Our 1st storm this year has been very messy. Started with snow/sleet/fr rain, then snowed for a while changed to sleet and freezing rain due soon. Only about 2-3 inches of accumulation expected. I plan on waiting till its over to plow, make sense? I figured the freezing rain would make the pavement like a skating rink if I plowed now.

2. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

If it snows 2-3 and then changes to sleet I would plow after the 3" and start laying down salt. Then go back and scrape and re-salt after everything is done.

3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Dont let that mess freeze. Get after it and push it off your lots. If you salt then hit it good and your ass is covered. We just had the same thing here, wet heavey snow then the temp dropped and froze everything.
    Todd