1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Sightings #2

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Alaska Boss, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

Ok,.. so there's been some snow in the Colorado mountains so far,... but that's not the only place,... we've had snow in the mountains of Alaska more than once already,... & each time it creeps lower & lower down...

No 1 (Small).JPG

No 2 (Small).JPG

2. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

New snow

When it gets close to being pure white... it's at least a foot or more deep towards the tops,...

No 3 (Small).JPG

3. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

New snow

And when it gets about half way down... then it's getting right to the edge of the tree line...

No. 4 (Small).JPG

4. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

New snow

A good friend of mine just got back from a moose hunt... & woke up to this about 2 days ago,.... :eek:

hunting camp flattened by snow (Small).JPG

5. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

New snow

But,... it's worth hiking around in the fresh snow if you can find something like this,.... so, get ready boys,... plow-time is just around the corner... :salute:

Scott, Shawn & 2007 moose (Small).JPG

6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I was wondering when we get to see some more of your pictures! Looks beautiful as usual there! and call me ignant but moose are big! That things head is the size of me!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2007
  7. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

great pics........it is beautiful up there

8. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

that some impressive land up there i love to come up that way some time before i die

9. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Great pics, of the snow and the moose. Very nice, is he going to have it mounted? I hope?

11. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

beautiful pics.

I like the moose too!!!

12. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

More snow sightings,....

Here's a couple more shots taken today of the snow in the higher mountains where I live,....

No II (Small).JPG

13. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

More snow sightings,....

No, he won't have this one mounted... both of these guys (one is my brother) have mounted moose racks bigger than this one... this is just a good "freezer" moose.

Another photo of another friend & his son with a small caribou,.. with "termination dust" on the hills behind them,... :waving:

BradMarkCaribou9-29-00In.jpg

14. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

More snow sightings,....

The temps have been getting into the low 20's, & even high teen's now when it's clear at night,... so most of this snow will probably stay on the very tops from this point on,.... small ponds & puddles have ice on the edges now too, and in a couple more weeks, will be freezing over for good,... (well, at least until next May or June) :waving: :salute:

no I (Medium).JPG

15. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Now i know why when i went to Alaska i didnt see any moose. We were promised to see all this wildlife, we were there for 2 weeks and didnt see one damn thing.

16. ken119

ken119 Junior Member

Amazing pictures! I live in northern Minnesota and I still haven't seen pictures like that.

17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That last picture would make a great postcard, almost looks unreal.