1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Showers For Thursday?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MickiRig1, Oct 10, 2006.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

OH My God!
    We have a forcast for SNOW SHOWERS in Akron Ohio for Thursday 10 / 12 / 06 !
    Could winter be rearing it's pretty head already?
    Are the night mares of " is my plow ready " coming true?
    I just got back from a cruise and it's starting already?

2. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

Calling for the same thing down here in Dayton.....

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

we have the same forecast in ny for friday, the day i leave for the OBX. Not too worried though, the temps aren't to get lower than 38* and the high is 50*. the best thing is it will get the phone ringingpayup

4. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

Cold and Snow

Cold and snowy here wed. Temps around 34 with snow in the forecast for wed and thurs in north central WI.

5. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

They where forcasting snow showers up here in North Dakota for tus night and into wed., but now I just herd we could get up to an inch tonight! As exciting as that sounds, im not to sure about it, casue where in the middle of beet harvest and that could make things interesting tonight. Semi's dont like rain/snow mix in the field.

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

It will not amount to much but it seems to be a good sign of winter to come.
    Watch us get more snow in Oct then we got all last season.

7. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

It was 80 degrees here and we haven't had a frost yet. I'm still cutting grass and leaves will be next

8. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

No frost here yet. Sounds like it will freeze tonight. All the irrigation guys were out winterizing today. Seemed like everyone will pulling an aircompressor around.

Talking about fluries mixed with rain here tomorrow. Nothing to get excited about.

9. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

We're supposed to get it here Thursday too, I love it when this happens, almost always this "tickler snow" doesn't amount to anything more than getting the customers off their butts and signing their contracts...my phone will be ringing steady in the next 24 hrs...Provided the weather guesser is on the ball.

10. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

We had scattered snow showers on and off all day today. Just earlier tonight on my way home it was coming down really fast but only lasted for about 15 min. or so. Ground temp is still to warm so none of it was hanging around. I almost went into panic mode for a second going, "Holly Sh*T!!, I'm gonna have to plow tonight, my trucks not even rigged yet!" Not to much longer I'll be saying this for real, but I'll be ready!

11. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I agree with you 100 percent.That is exactly what we need here a get off your butt and sign this contract. I always advertise in or local paper and this week me and only me is the only company advertising in there this week:gunsfiring: Hope it pays off.

Take Care all
    RCGM
    Brad