1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Shovels

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by farmtruckerboy, Jan 19, 2009.

1. farmtruckerboy

farmtruckerboy Member
    from PA

2. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

Those pushers are worthless if you have to get the snow over snow banks lining your driveway or sidewalks.

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I use a pusher for some places, plain plastic only for wet rainy stuff and a shovel very similar to Mayhem's link- trouble is I wear the steel edge away roughly a season and a half per shovel. I have re edged my aluminum pusher 3 times, and am still looking to replace my favorite all plastic shovels- get about 2 to 3 seasons on one before it's worn into the groves and cleans poorly.

Dustball's right- if you have a bank to work around a pusher is too much work.

5. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

This year I'm trying something new with my good poly shovels. I put on 1/4" thick UHMW strips on them and I'll see how long they last. So far, so good- minimal wear on the wear strips.

6. 1pfieffer1

1pfieffer1 Junior Member

Good ol grain shovel, plastic or metal scoop, D handle.........any hardware store or Home Depot or home center.......in with the rakes and shovels etc.

7. farmtruckerboy

farmtruckerboy Member
    from PA

Thanks every one for your feed back and keep on replying.

8. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

My favorite shovel always seems to be used by the guy doing my walkways while Im running my tractor with a 11 foot blade and 9 foot snowblower

9. kmclawn

kmclawn Junior Member

I use this if the snow is less than an inch for pushing, otherwise I use the w/b snowblowers.

http://www.snoblade.com/

10. ghlkal

ghlkal Member

11. farmtruckerboy

farmtruckerboy Member
    from PA

Your welcome. Have fun!!!!!!!!!

12. dunedog

dunedog Senior Member

http://www.rugg.com/

These poeple make a great backsaver shovel.
    I own many and have them at each aptment house.