1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow shovelling billing template

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by snowman3, Dec 31, 2008.

1. snowman3

snowman3 Junior Member

Being new to this site I don't want to step on anybody's toes but are there any free billing templates out there for snow shovelling/snow blower.If anybody has one already and they would like to email it to me,it would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm a one man operation,I do this one property maybe 2-3 times a winter,I'm trying to keep my overhead low.ussmileyflag

2. thatsnowproblem

thatsnowproblem Junior Member

I'm not sure what kind of billing template you're looking for but ... for customers who need a receipt or some record of labor performed, I just draft a letter with the following info: date of snowfall, how many inches, manual/hand labor hours (include drive time as part of this). Also any materials used - if you charge for salt applied, add type (rock, mag, etc.), number of pounds used, and cost either per pound times # of pounds used or just 1 figure for all pounds used (ex: 35 cents/lb. x 10 lbs = 3.50 or just the 3.50 figure). Hope that helps! Good luck ...
  3. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

you can go onto quickbooks.com and download quickbooks simple start 2009 for free. this is a good program for small company's as you can only load 20 customers into the database. It keeps track of money coming in and going out. very easy to use and setup
  4. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i use quickbooks now
    but i started out with excell
    you can download invoice templates right off of office online for excell very neat and professional
  5. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

This worked for me

Here is a plow contract that I use. I got it from another on plowsite.com. All you need to do is edit it for your needs. You will need MS Word. Also, Quickbooks is grerat for billing. IT tracks everything and has invoces and statments, tracks what you make. well worth the money - I paid 170 for the pro addition but I am sure there are cheaper versions.

Attached Files:

6. snowman3

snowman3 Junior Member

Thanks for the trying to send me the plow contract but I couldn't open it.If you want to try and send it to me again as an email attachment I would appreciate it.I am also going to try to find one online.I haven't had any luck with that before but with the info that was sent to me from this thread maybe I will have better luck. my email address is cleve376@yahoo.com