1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Shoveling

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GK Snow Removal, Aug 23, 2009.

1. GK Snow Removal

GK Snow Removal Member

Anybody with stories of Snow shoveling

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Stories of snow shoveling???????????:confused::dizzy:

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I don't do it,the end!

4. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

I have an opinion of snow shoveling..... #@$%$ @^#%^ $&&&$(**$# .. !!!! And here is some free advise... BUY A TRUCK!!! ... or at the very least a snowblower..

5. Racer593

Racer593 Member

Once upon a time a boy had a shovel. When he became a man he bought a truck. When he grew smart he got a plow....The End
    (Thats how it went for me anyhow!)

Chris ussmileyflag

6. eaglegrounds

eaglegrounds Member

i used one once, quite awesome i must admit.

7. rofoth6

rofoth6 Member
    from iowa

Shovel? Whats a shovel?

8. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I was covering a buddies route due to his truck breaking down in a large storm; naturally his stuff got plowed last. When I pulled down the street of the last driveway of his, the people were tryng to get their car unstuck out of the snowbank at the end of the driveway. Thats when the lady (if you can call her that) came after me with a shovel and called me a mulching son of a bi#%! The moral of the story is to avoid shovels at all cost...

9. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Stories ...... on shoveling. It stinks - period. BUT, if you want contracts then you must shovel.

10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Hears my snow shoveling storie. I plow with in 2" of my steps, then when I get done plowing I shovel my steps off. The End

11. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I used a shovel once... It sucked.

People ask me if we shovel sidewalks, and I tell them "only if you want them 8-1/2 feet wide" :D

12. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

I shoveled for my uncles company for 2 years wouldn't let me plow :gunsfiring: so i bought my own truck now here we are payup

13. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I agreed to shovel one 15' X 20' deck, and the stairs of one of my accounts last season. The guy didn't live there anymore, doesn't want to sell it, or rent it, he just wants it to look lived in. This year he wants the same, I was originally going to turn him down when he asked, but he pays a really good seasonal rate with additional cost on exceptions, he is last on the list, and pays more for me to shovel then he does for me to plow. Besides, my fat ass needs some exercise. However, I think I'm going to buy an electric snowblower....if you can call it that, I call it an electric shovel. Small, lightweight, and it will get the job done in 5 minutes.

14. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Don't knock though's electric snow shovels. They rock! We've had one for home and it kicks up to 25 feet, fast. It usually beats the big two stage's. The only real drawback is you have to have a cord.

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

I'm good with the cord, there is even 2 plug ins, one just off his deck and another at the other end...I'm just afraid of those really cold storms...the cord will be permanently molded into a loop & I hate taking equipment inside my rig.

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Get yourself a really nice cold weather cord. They work well. Another good excuse to go to Marden's LOL

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

Mardens.....I kinda got band from there banned from there.

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

There's more than one, you know....We'll have to take this story off line. I don't want your posts getting deleted......

Most any "major home improvement center" should have them. Your local hardware store might have them too.

19. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

That's a good one!!

How about shoveling Brick Paver walks, that's when the swear words come out.:realmad:

20. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

B4 i had snow blowers and i did my own accounts (more money for me) I would shovel peoples driveway, sidewalks, and porches... Well i did that for a year and bought a snow blower... And now we just use the plow on driveways, i blow off sidewalks, and sometimes shovel stairs and small paths (if their are any)