1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Shovel with Replaceable Cutting Edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Walksman, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Walksman

Walksman Junior Member

For the past few years I have operated a small business where I take all of the walks off of contractor's hands for them, and then hire high school and college age kids to do the shoveling. It works great when you have a lot of guys working for you at once. The one thing that always adds up is the cost of snow shovels. I am tired of buying these cheap shovels that the cutting edge wears down in one snow storm. Anybody ever heard of a snow shovel with a replaceable wear strip/cutting edge? Also any suggestions would be nice for good shovels.

2. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

I do what you do. Get a bunch of the Snowplow brand shovels. I got some this year and they are amazing. We flipped them over to scrape ice and even chopped with them. I also have a few of the YO-HO brand 36" plastic and a 24" metal. The plastic did pretty good but I'm already replacing bolts after only 1 use (same conditions with a ton of ice).

Do a search on here, there are a ton of posts about the snowplow shovel. Also check out youtube for their videos.

3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Shovel with a replaceable cutting edge.?.?. :D

Sno way.PNG

4. jonniesmooth

jonniesmooth Senior Member

5. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

x2 on the Snow Plow brand...I actually got the Snow Dominator - made by same company - just more of a shovel - LOVE it.

6. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

Definitely Snow Plow brand I have a 30" and a dominator and love them. And you can buy just the blade of the shovel and reuse the handle with multiple sizes if you want.

7. opie1988

opie1988 Junior Member
    from Va

8. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

9. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

The Snow Plow Shovel is by far the best shovel I have ever used hands down. They have a wedsite where you can buy replacement blades.

10. r.renterprises

r.renterprises Member

Only shovels i buy

11. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

this is the same combination that I use. I'm on my third winner using them still in great shape

12. White_Gold11

White_Gold11 Member

Yeoman poly pusher works well. Doesn't have replacement blade but.. Throw it away when it wears out they are cheap.

13. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

create an account for the best pricing too