1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow shield?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Detroitdan, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Anybody tried these plastic moldboard shield things? Looks interesting and pretty cheap. Looks like it would cover up holes if you had them, maybe make an old blade last a little longer. Or maybe trap salt and make the steel moldboard rot out faster. Probably look good longer than a coat of paint.
    Hopefully this link doesnt violate any rules.http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200321798_200321798

2. Detroitdan

One of the reviews on the site claims it didnt fit right on a Fisher, which is what I'd be putting it on.

3. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

looks slick!

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

They are not made for Fisher, but I bought one last year to do just that- cover some holes. Will be putting it on this year (covering bigger holes- didn't get to rebuild it this off season.) Needs to be cut to fit is all I can see from my test fitting. For a perm install (after I rebuild) I'll be doing it on a dry day and sealing the edges with silicone to prevent water from getting behind it and rotting the moldboard out.

5. Detroitdan

In reading about it, it sounds like you are supposed to seal it around all four edges, I think it may come with the stuff to do it with.

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

The Buyers one from Northern does not come with any sealant.- at least mine didn't- just a roll of plastic in a box.