1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow services inc.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by davidrbean, Nov 9, 2005.

1. davidrbean

davidrbean Member

I was wondering if anybody knows anything about snow services inc out of severna park md.:confused:
    Are they a good company to sub from and what is there track record for payment.payup
    I just recieved their contract and want to get some feedback before I sign anything

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I talked to them last month. When I got their contract it didn't really say anything except here is my equipment and I will plow for you only. I did not know where, who much, or for that matter what I was going to get paid. So I called them and asked them what was up? I was told that no one has ever complained about the contract. I told her that I can see a breach of contract lawsuit by them if I haven't heard from them in three months, but was suposed to be plowing somewhere.

They seem to pay okay for trucks but not for equipmemt, which they told me they really needed. I was told they would pay 75 an hour for 1 ton with tailgate spreader, but only 75 an hour for skidsteers with buckets. I am not sure they know much about snow equipment because I asked for 150 an hour for my backhoe with pusher and was told it was too much. They could just use 2 or 3 sids and get the job done for less, I don't see how but could be wrong. Also offered them 3 and4 yard wheel loaders for 200 and hour and that was too much too.

So in the end I signed on with them for "blizzards" being on call and getting paid what I want for my equipment.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Isn't one of the requirements of a subcontractor that they don't only work for one company? Sounds like they may be setting themselves up for an audit and quite a large fine down the road.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I don't see anything in there about that either. Interesting. Thanks Mick.

6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

If no one signs up with these operations , they cant get the work done .If the work isnt done , the jobs become available to the contractors dirrectly . So why work for them ?

7. bounty21061

bounty21061 Member

i sent in a contract for them but never heard anything from them last i knew they were still getten together the jobs but i was told they charge their jobs high and get them but don't want to pay anything for trucks or equipment whats the going rate everyone was giving them per hour per truck with spreader

8. salopez

salopez Senior Member

They told me $75 and $75 for skid steers.

9. gpin

gpin Senior Member

I'm getting an echo, doesn't all this sound like SMG and US Maintenance? I think we have been through this and alot of people end up without money.