1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Scammers

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Turbodiesel, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

2. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Weird that guy in the truck didn't mention anything about the price of commercial insurance or overhead. That guy needs a pull plow.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

funny the contract said 150bucks for the first 15 plows, thats 10 bucks a time, god damn lowballer

4. Turbodiesel

That boys sure is a good find . Gotta get him on board!!!payup

5. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

what do people expect when they sign up for $10 a plow? jeeze. That barely covers gas.....

6. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

So my question is, how many of you guys get a pre-paid contract?

I invoice my accounts at the end of the month. It seems to put them at ease, no-worrying about getting ripped off. It also seems to make it easier to pick up more accounts that are neighbors to existing accounts.

7. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Also a good question, I suppose these folks look at the up-front cost of $150-160 and figure it's a big pill and don't think about the quote divided by 10. :confused:

8. Turbodiesel

Just like fuel , Theres regular , premium and super service. Get what you pay for.;)

9. grasskeepers

grasskeepers Member

my accounts are pre paid for the month

10. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Peolpe like that make us all look bad. I am glad that I only sub contract and don't need to wory about this.

11. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Dear Sir: We are the largest snow removal company in Nigera. We would like to contract with your firm to plow the snow on Lake Erie and pay in advance. Enclosed you will find a check for 100,000.00 made out to you. Since we do not have time to discuss a fair price for the upcoming season, please take out what you consider a fair amount and remit the difference back to us as soon as possible. Your promptness in this detail will result in significant business in the future.

Mail all correspondance to;

Symboit-Nigeria
    1234 Fools Highway
    Snowdance, NI 123456789

Yours truly,
    Johnny

12. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

Dear Sir,
    Thank you for the enclosed check ! However I have gone over this plowing of Lake Erie you propose to me. And I find after going through the figures for this plowing I feel the $100,000 dollars you sent to me. Will not cover the cost of doing this plowing work for you. Hence I do hereby submit to you a renewed amount of an additional $ 96,000 dollars. Payment of this amount is due to me upon receipt of this bill. Please call me @ 555-123-4567. So that we may discuss any concerns you have. Plus the additional Blizzard clause you will find enclosed with my bill.

Thank you,

The offices of Lake Erie Plowing Services ussmileyflag