1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Response Guide

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Potomac Lawns, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

Just wondering if anyone has examples of there plans.

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I am sure you mean their plans but anyway.

It snows I plan on plowing.

Expand more on what you are looking for and you may get better responses.

3. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

something like the binder or folder you would give one of your guys, shows maps, etc.....

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Well what I have got in the past from whomever I plow for is..

They make sure I know the route before the 1st snow. Most times either we take a drive together noting things such as rocks or cracks and snow placement. He also carries a few stakes with him in case a edge needs to be marked or hydrant or something.

Over the years I have my own sheet i fill out. At the top is my name and address with a starting time. I also use this to fax to whomever is paying the bills.

I have a blank copied as a text file on my computer and I type in the names of each place in columns along the left side including address and town. Then I print out about 50(hoping their will be that many events).

Then at the top over each row I have time in - time out. Depth of snow. Then I have a small box next to each row for comments on that lot. I note if there were cars blocking x amount of spaces or whatever is out of the ordinary. At the end of the page I also leave extra room for additional comments if i need extra space.

I always make sure I go to each place before it snows though and find this small thing to be one of the most important of all. I also have learned in the last 5 years to always have a camera with me when I go out. Even if it is one of those throwaways.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  5. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

Thanks Reaper