1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow removel/ snow plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by twclark2, Jan 14, 2011.

1. twclark2

twclark2 Junior Member

Is there a difference? Some guys say snow removel when they just push the snow to the sides. I would think snow removel would be to take snow off site. Let me know what you think. Thanks

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I honestly dont know what snow "removel" is......but I would consider snow removal is when you remove it from a surface or location and put it somewhere else (on site or off site) by means of plows, pushers, blowers, hauling, etc.

3. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

That must be the french spelling... Lol

4. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

it sounds more professional

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

hahahaha ^^^^^^^

Removal is just that, you're removing the snow from the surfaces that the client wants removed. If you were to take it away off the property it would be considered hauling. Snow plowing is what you're doing to remove it.

6. Surfdunn

Surfdunn Member

We only run snow plowing in our contracts as some people see snow removal and think you take it of site.

7. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

Snow Removal = Professional

Snow Plowing = Non Professional

I will get alot of crap for saying this but its my out look on the question asked. Just because you have a truck and a plow and you print out cards on your pc dosent mean your a professional. Just look at the title of this section"Commercial Snow Removal" but yet all the newbs are in here pretending they are big time.

8. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

I have never been asked that question in 19 years.

9. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

It's funny I have been asked that question 2 times this week alone. I put plowing in all of my contracts. I consider plowing as the act of moving the snow from one place to another on the same site. I consider removal as the act of physically take the snow to a different location off site. Maybe I am wrong, but I have been asked that very question many times over the past 17 years. By the way I even have a clause in my contracts that say removal is provided upon request, or upon written approval of my request due to running out of space to stack snow on some lots.

10. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

The wind blows a little diff down there in Findlay lol. I would consider removing snow from 1 lot to another in trucks Snow Hauling and I have it listed that way in my contracts. I guess whatever works is what works.

11. Surfdunn

Surfdunn Member

we only do it to save our own behind. Our contracts our very detailed and have a clause thats states over a certain amount we will remove snow off site if need be. The problem is some people see removal and automatically think were taking it. We have been doing this for years and service half decent size commercial accounts which usually have two trucks on site and a skid steer. Motodad guessing your into MX what does your son race?

12. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

tomatoe tomato potatoe potato

13. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

our contracts say 'snow removal" in the contract. and " hauling" will be done as per a P.O.

14. MrSnow

MrSnow Junior Member
    from Indiana

I use "Snow Relocation" ,, Relocating it from your surface to the yard baby! When I started out, it was for conversational purposes, now it has a meaning for us. You just have to dictate to your customers what type of services you offer in your contract and be specific, the rest is all how you want to get your name out there! Be Safe and Good Luck!!

- I don't throw rocks at you while you work, so don't snowball me while I'm working! -

15. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

I like this one

16. ssmoff

ssmoff Junior Member

Hi, newbie here and am looking for some guidance. I have a skid steer and a F650 dump that i could use for "removal." Its just sittin' there starin at me every day and since it seems to snow here in southeastern pa every 3 days i'd like to put it to some work.

My dilema is that I would be the only one loading and driving the truck so I don't feel like it would be fair to charge an hourly rate for the loader, but since the dump would be moving constantly I'd charge accordingly. I also have a fairly large commercial property i lease so I have an area to dump. I'd like you guys to review my numbers, the last thing I want is to be a "poacher" and undercut other honest business guys like you. Is this fair?

$200.00 per day for the skid steer (like i said only loading 1 truck)
    60.00 per hr for dump + $10.00 dump fee per load

any suggestions?

17. J.R. Services

J.R. Services Senior Member

I put snow management on my cards and signs, plowing in my contracts along with hauling if requested.

18. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

post #9 has it correct