1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow removal

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by stealthplowing, Jan 10, 2016.

1. stealthplowing

stealthplowing Junior Member

wondering what you use to keep snow from sticking inside a dump truck box when your hauling snow out?? Thanks for any info
  2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Oil works but its not exactly environmentally friendly
  3. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Diesel fuel
  4. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

diesel pre treatment before we leave----during the hauling every 5 or 6 loads we have a backpack sprayer with glycol (pink RV) antifreeze and we give a quick coating and that works well. we do a lot of sub work and some of the clients don't like the idea of the diesel so thus the pre-treatment......
  5. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Plastic liner in the bottom, and on the sides- no problems anymore.

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I have used diesel before but the snow will still stick. I think that maybe the first load takes most of it out with it. I haven't tried the anti-freeze though. I'd like to see how well that works. A lot of it also depends on the temps. If it is super cold and the snow doesn't melt then re-freeze to the bed, it will come out pretty easily. On the flip side, if it is warm enough to not freeze to the bed.......

What does it cost to line the bed? Spray on or sheets of poly?
  7. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

There's a sponsor that used to roam around here that had a product called plow slick, may try that, not sure if anyone had luck with that
  8. subydude

subydude Junior Member
    from RI

Fluid film may work as well. Depends how often you need to re apply it because that could get expensive
  9. GSS

GSS Junior Member

we spray on a brine with garden sprayer Not perfect but way cheaper than a liner