1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow removal

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by collegiate, Nov 26, 2003.

1. collegiate

collegiate Junior Member

Just wondering if anyone uses a Jeep Wrangler for snow removal? What type of blade do you use and how effective is this? I am just starting a Landscaping business and i have a few customers wanting snow removal also. I do not get large amounts, usually. Here in Virginia we may get 3 or 4 inches 2 or 3 times a year. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Moosehunter

Moosehunter Member

Hi!! :waving: And WELCOME!!! I'm sort of new here myself and have found this site to be a wealth of info. Try out the search function located up top and I'm sure your questions will be answered

We're using a Wrangler for the first time this year and having only one push under our belts, it's hard to give a overall opinion. BUT.... From what we've seen so far.... For tight spots it can't be beat. :nod:

Try this thread...

Hope it works....

Last edited: Nov 26, 2003
  3. collegiate

collegiate Junior Member

thanks so much. that really helped alot. sounds like that is a go then for the jeeps. im excited, cannot wait to get all the equipment together. once again, thanks.
  4. Moosehunter

Moosehunter Member

You are very welcome!!! Glad I could help.

If you have any other question, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to get some answers for you!!

5. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

The older ones worked great for lthe lighter amounts....
  6. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

Where in VA are you?
  7. collegiate

collegiate Junior Member

southwest... roanoke valley

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

nothing better than an old flat fender

9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

jeep wranglers are great plow trucks for tight areas and smaller drivways. meyer, western and sno-way all work great on jeep wranlgers. 6.5 is the best size blade to put on one:)
  10. uptown

uptown Junior Member

we have used jeep wranglers for many years . They work great for sidewalks and small lots but have the power to do the work of a large plow truck. we use western standard 6.5, no problems:)
  11. TRplow

TRplow Junior Member

I have '97 TJ with western sport plow it's 6 1/2 ft and use it for our small office parking lot. Select winter tires and don't let snow get deeper than 6 inches and it will handle it well. Last year we had some deep drifting snows and pushing that around took a long time as the light weight of the jeep and blade just made more work. The jeep is definitely great in tight turns and small spaces.
    Don't bother with a 4 cylinder or autobox as that will just be useless. Also a limited slip diff would be nice if you can get that as I did get stuck at times an the open diff just doesn't't help much even with 4 wheel drive.
    I also had a CJ with a heavy 6ft western blade that was awesome, but I got tired of fixing it and it was no way as comfy as the TJ,

Good luck