1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Removal- were to take the snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by thesnowman269, Nov 24, 2014.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Have a possible snow removal job in the next coming week. It will be in a city type environment. About 25 miles from my shop. Usually I would just bring the snow to the field in the back of my shop and drop it. I'm curious as to what you guys do when you have a snow removal job that is to far from your normal drop zone.

2. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Are there not designated snow dumps where you are required to haul it, I would find out here if caught illegal dumping guess who pays to learn the proper places yeah that guy in the mirror.

3. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Where do they post that at? I suppose you'd contact the city/county your in? What about dumping dirt in the summer, is it the same process? Are these sites updated online at all?

4. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

I am not sure about your area but here most cities will not provide a dump site. Check CL for people with dump sites, start networking with other contractors, you can try the cities they may have an idea, look for vacant buildings and try to call the property owner/manager, Ect.. Dump sites can be hard to find at times.