1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow removal w/ Skid Steer?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tjg, Dec 1, 2000.

1. tjg

tjg Junior Member

My question is if anyone uses a Bobcat for snow removal, and if you use the bucket or the snow blade they have for them.I live in Oklahoma and we do not get alot of snow,but I just bought a new Bobcat and have already had people ask me to put them on a list.In the past I have used my Grasshopper w/60" snow blade and it has done more than I expected.Would like to know how much the plastic type cutting edges would be for the 60" snow blade. THANKS.

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I think you will need to use a blade for any productivity with a skidsteer.

Contact DINO, Plowking35 for info on a urethane edge.

Geoff

3. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

I have 2 trucks contracted to a company that uses 3 skid steer loaders. All are buckets not blades.

They are GREAT for final clean up or for plowing. Really gets up next to curbs (real clean).

I am in Overland Park, KS just east of Kansas City, our snow fall here is just slightly higher or the same as yours.

Hope that helps a little.

4. tjg

tjg Junior Member

Just wanted to thank both of you for the replies.Rooster who is going to win saturday K-State or Sooners. And you said something about trucks are they 1ton dumps or large. I have heard the 1tons cost more than a 2ton truck to insure.

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

They are not plastic, they are polyurethane. Give me a call at 860-859-0739 and I will be glad to price one out for you.
    Dino

6. Michael F

Michael F Senior Member

we just started using one this year 753 (bobcat) with an 8' blade, use for two HOA's, on first plowing it took the same amount of time as it did last year to do account with trucks, but the quality was 10x better withh skidsteer, closer to garage doors, closer to edges of drives, cleaner pavement. We are using a rubber cutting edge, to avoid wear to pavement. Operator said time will definitly decrease as he becomes more comfotable with machine, he has plowed with me for 2 years in trucks, and operated skidsteers before but never plowed with a skid before. Overall very satisfied money well spent.

7. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

We have 8 that we use. Some with just buckets (for sidewalk work) and others with Pro-Tech box blades. Very efficient units.

8. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Previous from tjg
    Just wanted to thank both of you for the replies.Rooster who is going to win saturday K-State or Sooners.
    And you said something about trucks are they 1ton dumps or large. I have heard the 1tons cost more than a 2ton truck to insure.

Trucks are 3/4 ton dodges both 1984
    I am looking at a 21/2 ton with a dump bed

Re: football game, The smart money is on the Sooners, besides my wife is from Oklahoma.