1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow removal TV show series.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by billyd, Jul 28, 2014.

1. billyd

billyd Member

I've had this crazy idea for numerous years to try and produce or have a major TV network to help. Just to let the general public know of what we go thru, during a winter. And of course I'd like to include not only commercial contractors but state road crews, all over the globe.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I've been saying the same thing for several years. I think the name should be a combination of all the popular reality shows...something like "Deadliest Dynasty of Snowplow Stars".

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Yea. I like it. unfortunately they would ham it all to crap and make us out to be a bunch of winers out to make gold out of snow!

Ah, wait.....

4. billyd

billyd Member

I wrote to discovery channel 2 years ago and they were quick to say no. I think if I got a variety of contractors from all over to get some shots with a go-pro or similar and make a video resume. I "think" they would bite, but who knows. I got pusher cam footage, pretty cool if you ask me.

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Get Todd Hoffman in on it. They love to follow that guy around.

6. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

It'd have to be entertaining. A crazy boss screaming and freaking out about everything, some hot women in it, that rebel employee that's always getting in trouble that the boss wants to fire lol. Kind of like that Lizard Lick Towing show thats been on a few years

7. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Would you let Todd drive your truck? I know I wouldn't let him drive my truck.....might have a spot for him on the shovel crew. :laughing:

8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have also always thought a plowing show would be a great idea. The only problem is most of it would be exaggerated and things would be blown way out of proportion.

9. kimber750

I wouldn't give Todd a spoon to clear snow with.

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Babes in bikinis plowing snow the network would love that.
    [​IMG]

11. billyd

billyd Member

Its that most of general public thinks it's a cake walk plowing. Yes it isn't a hard job until you get the breakdowns, staying awake and working longer than an office jobs. And its a whole lot more than us the ones behind the wheel. We run 11 trucks, 3 snowblower crews, and 8 backhoes, and were a "small" company.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  12. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Think about all the things you could stage that would make the show enjoyable. You could bury a car with someone inside, knock down a few light poles, rip the hose off a gas pump that suddenly ignites, drop a plow on someone's foot, have 2 guys fist fight over a job and then you could fill in the space between by showing trucks running into each other. I think it would be a hit!

13. grandview

Stage? Don't this happen in real life with employees?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  14. grandview

15. kimber750

Was thinking the same thing. But he forgot back into a flag pole, get stuck in a ditch, have your plow fall off driving down the road and spending hours starting ridiculous threads on PS. :laughing:

16. grandview

All that for 35.00 an hr in Erie Pa.payup

17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Do you guys actually think Todd would fit in a plow truck? Might have to put him in a loader.

18. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Don't forget the thread on testing fluid film if it works or not lol

19. grandview

If he shaved that thing on his chin and grew some hair,I'd swear it was JD

20. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Wouldn't have to grow too much hair, might have to lose some weight though.:p