1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow removal trade exchange

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by adam5557, Oct 18, 2005.

1. adam5557

adam5557 Member

hey i got a call today from a trade exchange that basically you do work for someone and in exchange you get credits to over 6000 companies to buy stuff from.they said i was referred by one of my customers and they gave me there name. anyone ever get this and is it worth it?

2. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I did along time ago. You endup paying 2 times the price, and it can only be used with sirtin comps. and no it is not worth it.

3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

My mom was part of a Barter Club years ago when she was still managing her biz. Truth was, we almost never needed the services/products of the other people who were part of the club, and we never did get anywhere near our money's worth. The best things we ever used it for was replacing the kitchen appliances (they were approaching 30 years old) and for PIZZA at our local restaurant, but once they bailed out on the system, there really wasn't anything left for us but carpet cleaning etc (and we have a Bissell!)

I'd avoid it like the plague.

4. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

See that's the wonderful thing about cash...payup you can spend it anywhere and it's good at well over 6000 companies;)