1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow removal success recipe

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dayexco, Nov 23, 2003.

1. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

Take one good customer that has "outsourced" their snow removal services.
    Add 1 fresh out of college business major working for the outsource company trying to screw the little peon snow removal contractor by attempting to beat up on your per occurance or per hr. rates.
    Get shoved around long enough by the bus. major that you consider him an annoyance, and decide you no longer want the contract.
    Have owner of property insist to outsource company that he wants you to do the work because he's happy with your work.
    Have competitors that respect you enough to refuse to submit proposals.
    Have business major start calling again, wanting you to sign your original proposal, but you now have picked up other contracts and now must "adjust" your rates.
    Know on other end of phone line that when he agrees to your pricing structure, that he's crying.
    Blend in potential for a great snow removal season and enjoy!
  2. Michael F

Michael F Senior Member

What the *^%$ are you talking about?
  3. plowguy01886

plowguy01886 Junior Member

I love this story!

Good thing your competitors were good Joe's and didn't bid. I would love to have been a fly on the way when the Business Major had to suck it up and accept your adjusted rate!

Pray for *lots* over "overage!!!
  4. apkole

apkole Member

To quote the A-Team leader (Hannable?), "I love it when a plan comes together. "

Good for you! And how is Mr. College going to explain the price increase from the first contract price? And . . . . will Mr. College keep his job after screwing up a good business relationship? Inquiring minds want to know.

5. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

6. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

to much mumbo jumbo

confusia say you must be at least 10% smarter than the equipment your working with
  7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I think you guys need to lay of the wacky tobacky!:eek:
  8. jordydme

jordydme Junior Member
    from NY

9. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Boy...they don't grow S@#T that good in MISSOURI! :alien:
  10. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

sorry for starting that thread. it was intended as a satire, but apparently many of you don't see it.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

12. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

Sounds like a Mastercard Commercial....Priceless!