1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Removal/Sewage Drain

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bdub5134, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Bdub5134

Bdub5134 Junior Member
    from Indiana

so the last storm we got i got a phone call from athe church lot that i do about some neighbors complaining about a pile of snow that was pushed that covered there sewage drain,across the street and they think i did it, I didn't cover this drain up, but i am getting blamed for it apparently, and was wondering what would be the best thing to do in my situation?

2. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

If it was not you that did it, can you take photos to show them it wasn't? Who would have done it other than you (plausible deniability)? Was there damage? Would you have had any reason to push the pile across the street? Sounds fishy.

3. Bdub5134

Bdub5134 Junior Member
    from Indiana

I have seen somebody come through and plow it maybe working for the city or contracted out through their neighborhood and I've seen him put that pile there before however there is no damage they're just worried about possible flooding and complaining.

4. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

In other words doing what people like to do that don't understand how things work. They have seen you over there before and you are the easy guy to blame. Take pictures, and explain your position. If you didn't do it, you didn't do it.

5. Bdub5134

Bdub5134 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Appreciate the advice thanks

6. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

If it's as easy as just pushing the snow off the drain, it may be best to just do it. Let them know it wasn't you, but you'll take care of it. It may be better for your business that way. If it involves more than just a half-blade pass to do it...then go the route others have said for sure.

7. NThill93

NThill93 Member

remove snow and bill the church or just suck it up if its that important of a contract.