1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Removal- reg..cab, ext. cab, crew cab?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bchlawns, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

Pros,
    I am ordering a 2500 Hd Chevy here in the next few weeks. I am trying to decide to get an Extended cab or crew cab. I have an extended cab on my 2002 1500 and love it but yet it is a little small still. I really do need to crew cab. I cant just get a reg. cab nowhere near enough room for me and what i need. Plowing wise is an ext. cab vs. an crew cab going to make that much difference? I am going with the reg size bed 6.5. I quess just looking for opinions. I really need the crew cab just wondering if that will make plowing ne different from the extended?
    Thanks
    Bchlawns

2. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

You can do it with a Crew Cab, plenty of guys out there with them. You will of course loose some ability to manuver.

I look at it this way...

Lets say you go out plowing 15 days / times this winter. That's 350 day's you'll be driving your truck without your plow on it.

Get the crew cab if that's what works for you, and adjust for it during plowing.

3. m&m owner

m&m owner Member
    from MN

I heard a rumor a few years ago that if you put a v-plow on an ext. cab chevy it will void the warranty. You might want to check. Good luck!

4. snoking

snoking Senior Member

i have 2 crewcabs with v=plows, and no prob what so ever. id take on anyone in a short box reg. cab....ounce your used to it...or if you just have the attitude thatyour just going to use it and make it work no matter what youll be fine.....i even plow condos, and macdonalds with mine....no biggie

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

You will be driving without the plow much more than you will be driving with the plow. I have seen many chevy 2500 HD crew cabs with V-Plows on them, get an 8' or 8.5" if your worried about it. Don't leave the plow on any longer than necessary before or after the storm and the truck will be fine with any plow you pick. Get what truck suits your needs best then worry about the plow second.

6. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I plowed with a crew cab before. It sucks on townhouse complexes with circles, but the extra weight makes stacking better. A crew cab would fare better with warehouses and such where turning isn't so tight.

7. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

thanks for the advice guys. I ordered an extended cab a few weeks ago so i am set.
    Thanks
    Bchlawns