1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow removal question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GreenscapesWV, Oct 15, 2011.

1. GreenscapesWV

GreenscapesWV Junior Member
    from wv

i know in my area going rate for snow removal is based upon $80-110 pr hr per truck. I am kinda in the dark about bagged and bulk salting pricing i should be charging to put it down and also the prices for doing sidewalks with snowblower. any help is appreciated
  2. billyd

billyd Member

up in this neck of the woods we usually charge 75 an hour per truck, 120 for backhoe and about 150 for loader... and 75 for us to drop salt.. thats all a per hour rate tho.. as we usually do alot of contract plows' so all the hourly rates are blown out the window... usually only get hourly for removals...
  3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Around here which isn't too far from you, your lucky to get 45/truck, 65/skid steer and 115 for a loader. Yes sad isn't it. Salt prices are all over the place. I guess you would need to know the price for both bulk and bagged. Bulk is going to be much cheaper to use but then you need everything to handle bulk with.
  4. GreenscapesWV

GreenscapesWV Junior Member
    from wv

trying to get hourly rate for snow thrower so i can calculate that into sqft for bidding sidewalks.