1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow removal on Rolled Drain Curbs??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Justinnsara, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Justinnsara

Justinnsara Junior Member

I plow at an apartment complex, not your standard curbs but rather those rolled curbs great in summer so your not jumping mowers but snow is a pain. Any tips to clear those we do our best with the skidsteer but not perfect in my book, property manager thinks we are doing a great job just looking to go extra mile.payup

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

We hand shovel em, push then out 1' so truck or skid can pick it all up. a truck blade back blading works, but prob is you must be at the perfect angle to get it all & you need to go slow, so I've found shoveling is best & quickest way.

3. starspangled6.0

starspangled6.0 Senior Member

+1

Just clear the majority of the snow around the curbs, shovel them out, and then run the truck or skid along them again to clean up.

4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Sounds like you need a supple rubber edged wing and a good driver to get most of it, but the cleanest way is by hand...

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Man with a plan This how we do it Wings on the Plow

My new ProTech wings flexes more and cleans better then the wings on the truck

That's a normal curb around here smartest thing people did But last 5-6 years people has been putting in square edge curds

6. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

second small skid with a broom would work

7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

If he doesn't have appropriate wings for the job, he could make a simple arm that attaches to the driver's side of the plow and sticks out a ways, perhaps with a pair of cheap C-clamps. Cut some rubber in a good sized square(maybe 12x12"? or wider so the driver has wiggle room lol), even stall matting or similar, then cut slits thru it 3/4 of the way up (like fingers). You could literally use it like a broom to sweep the snow off the curbs. Then unclamp the arm and clean up like normal.

8. Antlerart06

Sound like that should work

I only do it at one complex that has 14 duplex's with there own curb side mail boxes The rest of the curbs I plow to them not on them

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Here's how they look around here.

gutters.jpg

10. Antlerart06

I think you posted the before pic where is your after pic

11. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

That is the after, He just did a pass a few min before the pic:eek:

12. Antlerart06