1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Removal New Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by VolvoL60F, Feb 2, 2011.

1. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Went out and took pictures and videos of the machines working. Was really excited when finding what I found!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

3. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

4. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

And then I found this monster.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

sweet pics, where do you use the graders? lots, or do you service roadways? i would think they might cause too much damage to the lots not?

6. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

The grader is separate from the lots, the grader is in my town, they use it to plow road ways only, mostly for shelfing side snow banks, its known for taking out alot of mailboxes lol. The company is Foglio, they are contracted with the town to plow my street and some others. I got video of it doing its job if your interested?

7. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

sure, around here the city really doesnt use any iron for snow removal on the roadways. and there are no private contractors handling any city/municipal roads its all city trucks. though plowing roads may be fun.

8. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Well every place is different. Since Maine gets so much snow, towns have to contract companies with the equipment to plow.

Here is the video, the wing plow gets abused a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rabbitsmeller400?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/Vm_e2QbYlz0

9. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice finds. Love the Cat iron. Is that the same company that has all of the Volvo loaders and the Cat 247 that you posted before?

10. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

such a nice lookin vovlvo grader . but that vblade needs a coat of paint bad. looks sick on the front with the rust/paint.

11. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks! No this is a different one, I don't know the company name of whoever owns them.