1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow removal in parks?

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by SnowArch, Feb 16, 2012.

1. SnowArch

SnowArch Junior Member
    from Toronto

Dear all,

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how much it is to snow plow park pathways (or commercial pathways)? The size of the pathway is 8 hectares (20 acres).

I am a student doing a research on park maintenance costs specifically on snow removal. Can anyone share their experiences? Thanks, I appreciate your help!

Sincerely,
    Peggy

2. tailboardtech

tailboardtech Senior Member

well i can tell you a lot of towns/city's don't plow there pathways we only plow the parking lots and some around the community centers

3. SnowArch

SnowArch Junior Member
    from Toronto

Dear tailboardtech,

Thanks for your response! Do you have an estimate of cost per area for plowing parking lots and community centres?

4. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck

Well that's a loaded question, I don't think you will get an answer to that, as there is way to many variables, & you did not give any details on what your looking for. Example, seasonal price or per event cost? City workers or private contractors? there will be dozens of other things you need to know before you could ever dream of pricing somthing like that.

5. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

I work for my city full time i dont work for the parks dept but ive helped them out some we have a nature trail through our one park and it winds through approx 25 acres the paths are wide enough we can plow them with a pick up but they dont they use a 4x4 steiner with a 72 inch plow and it takes them approx 4 hrs to plow it the whole width. so u would just have to figure out basicaly what your cost is per hour. Hope this somewhat helps you out

6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Peggy is that you ??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZXZAlfykpo

I guess you got a second job, huh ?:)

I plow a cemetery, which I guess is similar to a park. I figured the number of hours and multiplied it by my rate. Your rate depends on where you live, so I guess you have a little more research ahead of you.