1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Removal from Parking Garage

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NBSnowGuy, Dec 10, 2010.

1. NBSnowGuy

NBSnowGuy Member

I'm doing a parking garage that requires removal every storm. I can store snow on the roof for one day but that's it.

Plan A was to bring a dump trailer up after every storm and load right on the roof, but that's not working out as well as I had hoped.

The easiest plan B as far as I can tell would be just to park a dump truck (5 ton) below and dump the snow right into it, but I'm not sure if the weight of the snow falling from that height will be too hard on the truck. The garage is 5 levels.

Any input?

2. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

the places I have seen, they just dump it over the side in one spot or two.

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Theres a contractor that does about 3 of them around my area..... they have a skid and dump the snow over the side railings into a tri axle... they have another guy down by the truck watching so as to not let anyone get in the way of the falling snow... hes been doing it that way for years.....

4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Our parking garages have designated drop zones that are barricaded off for safety.

Is this a new parking structure with new people managing it?

One would think this would have been discussed and thought out prior to activity.

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Most I have seen done dump over the side and reload in trucks. I would not want to be dumping right into the truck. Windshields are expensive.

As said above. Every one I have seen has a plan already drawn up before the snow hits with a designated area to dump/load.

6. motoxguy

motoxguy Senior Member
    from WI

i'd dump it over the side and if you know anyone that owns a garbage company have them their with a 40yd roll off and fill that up