1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow removal for housing complexes?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I was thinking of talking to a few housing complexes for snow removal. Most are townhouses or single family homes on 1/4th 1/3rd of an acre in size, some smaller. Some places have miles of sidewalks that would take me hours to snowblow with 2 men and big equipment... Has anyone contracted out ONLY sidewalks like this if they already have a plow team to clean up the roads? Or has anyone had good luck with huge housing complexes that are somewhat in country areas that need plowing, sanding/salting and snow blowing of sidewalks past all of the homes and complex buildings such as laundry buildings, pools etc.

Anyone service old folks homes areas? I was looking into a local place with 500 homes, may be quite a bit over my head as far as the amount of work to be done but for a while, id contract most of it out to locals and get a fleet of equipment to use. Retirement places would need ALL driveways, sidewalks, roadways cleared out. Thats enough to keep a dozen men busy for 14hrs+ a snowfall. One place charges a residential fee of $175 a month times 500+ homes, which is 87k+ per month in fees for the area. What would be a good rate/offer to charge per snowfall? per hour? per home? one charge? 6" of snow or a 3 day snow being over 30"? i assumed that say every driveway/sidewalk and FREE streets etc would be $20 per home, which is at least half of what id normally charge is $10k+, at $25 per home its $12,500. Id assume this is low but i figured its a starting point, there are some smaller parking lots, enough to keep one truck busy 24/7 as long as its snowing and 6-8 snowblowing men.... What should be a descent charge? Should i charge $25 per home upto 6" and then $30 per home between 6-15" and anything over that $30?
  2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Im not sure what exactly you plan on doing, but dont call it snow removal unless you plan on trucking the snow outta there. Call it snow plowing.