1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow removal estimating software

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by AL'S SNOW, Oct 5, 2009.

1. AL'S SNOW

AL'S SNOW Junior Member
    from 80204

DOES ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT ANY SNOW REMOVAL SOFTWARE prsport

2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

3. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

4. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Little O how do you like profits unlimited I have been thinking about purchasing the software but want to hear from someone that is already using it

5. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

I use my profits unlimited quite a bit. I bought the whole package for lawn and snow on CD. It is quite useful and Wayne is a great guy. I have been to a couple of his seminars and would highly recomend

6. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

AL's Snow, I have not purchased the software I was at the futureline open house two weeks ago an listed to Wayne's speech on his software. I wound a lot of good info that’s in those Cd's to purchase but I have just not gotten the nerve up to buy them an implement them in to my company. johndeereguy where you there at the Futureline’s open house two weekends ago??

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

That Planswift product looks pretty cool, esp for takeoffs for large commercial landscape projects. Will have to look further into it tomorrow Thanks for the link-nice find.

8. terrapro

from MI

Honestly I didn't even look at it. It was an ad on the side of this page so I just linked it :nod:

I really never thought I needed software for bidding. If I have to measure everything out anyway to plug it into the computer I might as well do my own math.

9. JohnnyRoyale

It appears to make easy work of doing takeoffs manually.

10. terrapro

from MI

What is a takeoff?

11. JohnnyRoyale

A takeoff is when you manually calculate areas, distance, quantitites etc off a drawing prepared by a landscape architect. This software does it for you very quickly and in a very organized manner. A huge time saver when preparing estimates.

12. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

I was at the open house on that Saturday. Didn't stick around for lunch though, had to get going. Did price a plow and salter there last week though. His speach was good, but a little long for me

13. terrapro

from MI

Sorry I had a brainfart...I should have known that.

14. johncell01

johncell01 Junior Member

use a RS Means catalog it is the best for estimating ..