1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow removal estimating/Business Software

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Tradesman81, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Tradesman81

Tradesman81 Junior Member

Has anyone used Wayne Volz Profits Unlimited Snow and Ice Management Package? If so how do you like it? I have been plowing for a couple seasons now and I would like to try and score a few commercial contracts of my own for next year. I just have limited knowledge as far as the business side of it all (what time of year to approach clients, how to write up a contract, and what to charge) everything that I have read on here states that's the hard part and rest is picked up with experience. I have seen his product as well as the snowplowbusiness advertised on here, but I haven't actually seen any testimonials on them. Just wondering what all your thoughts are on it?
  2. The only real major benefit, other than the obvious contract templates etc (which still need reviewed by a local attorney to ensure they are legal in your state etc) I can see from these programs is the assistance in determining your own costs, thus determining what you need to be paid hourly etc. There are simply too many other variables to simply blindly rely on software to tell ya exactly how to charge. Some examples being: that how long a particular square footage will take you to plow can vary greatly on your skill level, equipment, lot set up etc, another being what your market will bear as far as pricing,etc an example being say the computer helps you determine you need $x/hour to be profitable, but a vast majority of other outfits in your area are charging significantly less for a comparable service, then you probably wont land many jobs. This software can be a great help as long as you still do legwork on your own, and apply them to you situation, not just rely completely on them.
  3. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Awesome advice

That was a very honest and accurate answer as far as estimating software goes. Our snow & ice management package does not tell someone what to charge. Everyone's market and break-even points are different. One of the things our package does is show you how to calculate your costs per hour of operation and then you price the job based on what your market will bear.

The job-site variables are also a great point. With our estimating CD you do not choose a job type such as A, B or C. With ours you have the flexibility of entering the level of difficulty based on lot type, obstructions in the lot, trigger points and other variables.

Feel free to give us a call at 800-845-0499 and ask for Kyle. He will explain this in detail and you can decide if it makes sense for your company,

Thanks for your interest.