1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Removal Contract for Homeowners Assoc

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by cclc1021, Jul 24, 2005.

1. cclc1021

cclc1021 Junior Member

Hello. I am new to snow plowig, this season will be my first. I have a mentor that will be teaching me prior to the winter season. I currently provide lawn care services for 2 home owner associations. They want me to provide snow removal as well. I am not sure how to provide them with an estimate.

I have researched this forum, and have put together a template for a contract, but I'm still having a challenge for pricing. I am not sure if I should measure the areas that they want plowed or what.

My disadvantage is that they did not have anyone prior. So the one HOA want 2 parking lots and the front walkways to each of the 16 townhomes.

The other just wants their one parking lot and the sidewalks that are common areas.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. TriCountySnow

TriCountySnow Member

Tri-County Snowplowing & Ice Contrtol

first of all welcome to the business, pricing is either the hardest or the simpliest thing to do. our systems are real time billing, with means that cleints are billed every 6 mins if you are in the lawn care business you might be familier with this type. As far a measureing the area think of it this way, if the drive is 10 ft to 25ft you should be right around the 25 dollar mark, any thing bigger add 10%. that is the volume of snow in i foot of plowing. 25 should be perfect for town homes being that they are a higher end cleint.
    Lots are basically the same, just monitor how long that you were in the lot mutilply that by your base hrly rate then divide it by six. one a small parking lot with 50 or less parking spaces, you should be right around 55-80 dollars, depending on how long you are there,

this should give you some help, there are always other ways to do it. Snow and Ice control pros in your area might be able to help a little,

last way to do it and probably the easiest is to call a plow company up ask for a bid on your drive, and then add or subtract accordinly starting out this will probably be the easiest way, also it will get your name out with them.

give it a try.

Good luck