1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow removal agreements

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by woodycr, Dec 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodycr

woodycr Junior Member

Does anyone have a sample of a good snow plow agreement my agreement is pretty lame ,need some new additions ?

Thanks for the help.com

2. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

3. DEISL

DEISL Member

The biggest mistake people make when drawing up a contract is the amount fallen prices ex; 1"- 4" = $475.00 and 4"- 8" = $900.00 what price would you want to pay if it snowed 4"???????????????? Believe me that happens only once. So you go to 4.5 " & 5" .

4. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

What if it snows 4.25"?
    Write 0"-4", over 4" - 8", over 8" - 12" or many do
    0"-3.99", 4" - 7.99", 8" - 11.99"
    Any contract should be very specific as to what exactly the services are to be provided, and the price for those services.

5. DEISL

DEISL Member

4.25 last time i checked, is less than 4.5,draw a happy medium,wanna get critical? 1-4.5" 4.56"-

6. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

Couldn't you have a happy medium while using 1-4 4-8....

And what do you do if it snows 4.55?

The point is, there has to be a point at which the rate increases. And there has to be some common sense.

That is just asking for problems. And shows customers that you really didn't put much thought into writing the contract. The first thing a customer is going to do is ask "what if it snows between 4.5 & 5?" In court, a lawyer would make you look like a fool. And your contract would probably be determined to be useless.

7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

And do you measure each driveway for snowfall?

Come on!

Commercial Seasonal
    Set price for season to maintian
    Plowing usually starts at 2" trigger
    Under 3" Pre-app salt. One push
    Over 3" Plow every time trigger is past.
    Spread material as needed

Commercial Per Storm
    We price it per push with a trigger usually 2". After the trigger hits we plow. If it is a bigger snowfall then we make return trips everytime that trigger is passed or as soon as we can if snowfall is to fast. Under 2" usually handled with material application per agreement.

Residentials
    Under 6" approx. expected...Plow once at end of storm in most cases Over 6" approx. we plow start plowing at 3" and plow every 3-4" of snowfall. The key is not to work the truck to hard.

As others have said make sure the contract is specific. I just gave an idea here. Mine are much more specific and individualized for each customer. I am the owner so I sometimes pro-rate some of the services. Make sure your trucks are making money.

8. DEISL

DEISL Member

isnt it alot cheaper to yank a few casters off a shoppin cart or dumpster???

9. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

DEISEL, are you on some sort of medication? You seem to be having trouble following the the topic of discussion. Not just in this thread, but in most that you reply to. You may have "Attention Deficit Disorder" and should see a doctor soon.

10. DEISL

DEISL Member

my trigger is any amount, 24/7 Pathmark stores and iv been pushin them for quite a few years , they seem to be very happy , your way is not the ONLY WAY.

11. DEISL

DEISL Member

ADD I THINK YOU NEED TO GO READ THE rules and regulations of this site, calling people names is a violation of this forum. yes???

12. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Closing this one as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.